AUSIB delegation facilitates first-of-its-kind medical education collaboration between Dr. Rahul M. Jindal and KIMS
Following up on his visit and subsequent Memorandum of Understanding with the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University (KIMS), Karad, India, in February 2013 as part of the high-level education delegation organized by AUSIB, Dr. Rahul Jindal has initiated a long-term collaboration with KIMS. Dr Rahul M. Jindal is MD, PhD, MBA, Professor of Surgery and Global Health, Uniformed Services University and George Washington University, Washington, DC. Dr Jindal spent 3 days giving lectures on medical topics and discussing the needs of KIMS.
The long-term collaboration with KIMS entails the following:
1. Dr Rahul M. Jindal has been appointed as Visiting Professor of Surgery at KIMS.
2. Dr Jindal and his colleagues would administer lectures via tele-medicine on evidenced-based medicine to residents in training in various branches of medicine.
3. He has started mentoring selected surgical residents in the art and science of writing publications in peer reviewed publications.
4. Dr Radha Maheshwari, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Uniformed Services University, Betheda, Maryland, will be also visit KIMS in the January, 2014. Dr Maheshwari, a colleague of Dr Jindal is planning a detailed academic program in basic sciences and in grant writing.
5. Dr Rahul M. Jindal is already assisting the Department of Urology in developing protocols for selection and management of kidney transplant patients.
6. Dr Rahul M. Jindal will lead a team of transplant professionals to KIMS early next year to do their first few kidney transplant operations.
AUSIB efforts in forging educational partnerships through its delegation ensure that students in both countries benefit from the educational expertise in both countries. The partnership between KIMS and Dr. Rahul M. Jindal will lead to:
1. Joint publications on academic topics for submission to high impact peer reviewed publications.
2. Development of tele-medicine program in KIMS.
3. Creation of student and resident exchange programs between US and KIMS.
4. Facilitating peer review of academic output from KIMS residents and students.
5. Arranging symposiums and conferences in KIMS.
Continuing its educational work under the auspices of AUSIB Edunext, AUSIB is scheduled to lead a high-profile medical delegation to India from the US. KIMS would be one of the hosts for this delegation in early 2014.